Betsey Johnson Forever!
So about 3 weeks ago, around the time I last posted I found out that Betsey Johnson had filed for bankruptcy and would be closing the majority of her stores. It was definitely upsetting as I am a huge Betsey fan. One good thing coming out of this are however the sales that are currently going on in stores and online so if you a Betsey fan like I am support the brand and check it out. I’d also like to take this time to present some of my favourite collections.
To read more about the collections click below
1) Autumn/Winter 2010-11/Fall 2010 - Think Gypsy girl gone bad with playful sultry elements and you have this fabulous autumn/winter (fall) collection!
2) Spring/Summer 2012 - Delicate babydoll lace corsets with feminine florals spiced up with bold prints and chunky eye-catching jewellery. The highlights= bright pink lipstick & the lightning bolt earring!
3) Spring/Summer 2009 - If Little Bo Beep lived in the 80’s this collection would be her wardrobe. I love it! Love the signature bowler hat too!
4) Spring Summer 2011 -“Le Tour de Betsey”- inspired by cyclists and Le Tour de France, the collection is electic, playful and suggestive. The highlights = The “Ride Me” necklaces worn by all the models and the bold ballerina dresses some of which had bright hues of paint applied on to them. Absolutely Love!
5) Autumn/Winter 2012-13 / Fall 2012 -Betseymania!- sixties nostalgia, mod looks with circular shades and streamline jackets -Flamboyant and Fabulous!
Betsey Johnson’s career has spanned over 40 years and ever since creating her own line in 1978 she has blessed the catwalk with a distinct style that was always flirty, feminine and fun and had typically had an element of punk. Despite filing for bankruptcy all hope is not lost- She will still remain creative director of the brand and will continue designing for her moderately price lines and also has a new reality series coming out with her daughter Lulu.
Whatever may be the future for Betsey Johnson I just want to say thank her for blessing the catwalks with her unique style that appealed to so many, a style that will never be forgotten!!!
Original Images from google, and here